Thursday, July 5, 2012

PART OF ANY 21st CENTURY ENTREPRENEUR'S SKILLSET IS THE FAILURE WRENCH.

               DO YOU STRESS ABOUT FAILING ....AT ANYTHING, EVERYDAY, ANYTIME...?

I do...there I've said it.  What is it that's cracks the whip of "Must Get It Right, Must Get It Right....." so close to our tails that keeps us, (or me anyway), striving to 'do', 'complete', or 'accomplish' no matter what?...

What happens to you as this whip cracks at your heels, or higher?
                                   
Today I really failed!  I mucked up a rather large artistic project I've been working on for months, to the extent that I now need to spend a large amount of time righting my failure to transform it into something that resembles the vision I started out with.

      I noticed that I got really cranky....first with myself, and then with everyone who happened to be around.  Needless to say, everyone stayed out of my way.  After sitting with it for a while, I got some advice, made some adjustments, and CHILLED OUT!.....yes...(.I am reassured....it's going to be ok.)

This is what happened directly from this incident:

  • I strengthened my resolve to master this craft.
  • I took back control of the situation...(Deep breaths!)
  • I realized how important it is to follow a plan and evaluate.
  • I realized that failure is a false floor we are scared of falling through....There is NO FAILURE!......there are as many ways of doing a task as there is imagination focussed on the 'how to'.
Now I'm smiling again as I have come to see that failure is a brilliant opportunity to open a different door and peek in.......

I've thrown the whip away.....My 21st Century Business sense says," I'll be smiling in the face of my next failure".
How do you tackle FAILURE?  Comment in three words or less...
See you, Friends.
                                  www.succeedandgrow.biz 



No comments:

Post a Comment